Effective control across cholesterol parameters
- Effective adjunctive therapy to diet in patients with severe hypertriglyceridemia, primary hypercholesterolemia, or mixed dyslipidemia1
No first-pass metabolism necessary2
- FIBRICOR® is the active moiety of fenofibrate and does not require first-pass metabolism
- Fenofibric acid is primarily conjugated with glucuronic acid and then excreted in urine1
- Rapid uptake-median peak plasma levels achieved approximately 2.5 hours after administration1
Considerations of Treatment
Fenofibrate at a dose equivalent to 105 mg of FIBRICOR was not shown to reduce coronary heart disease morbidity and mortality in a large, randomized controlled trial of patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus.
The active moiety of FIBRICOR is fenofibric acid. The pharmacological effects of fenofibric acid have been extensively studied through oral administration of fenofibrate, which is converted in vivo to fenofibric acid.
- FIBRICOR [prescribing information]. Athens, GA: Athena Bioscience, LLC.; 2019.
- Filippatos T, Milionis HJ. Treatment of hyperlipidaemia with fenofibrate and related fibrates. Expert Opin Investig Drugs. 2008;17(10):1599-1614.